University of Arizona College of Medicine
Elder Care A Resource for Interprofessional Providers: Dialysis in the Older Adult - Practical Considerations is one of a continuing series of practical, evidence based, Provider Fact Sheets which summarize key geriatric topics and provide clinically useful assessments and interventions. Initially developed for remote, rural clinical sites, they are useful for students and health care professionals from many fields and across a very broad range of health care settings.
After reading this issue of Elder Care, you should be able to…
- Explain why older adults on dialysis have higher mortality rates than younger adults on dialysis
- Explain the role of a trial of dialysis
- Identify older adults with end-stage rental disease who are unlikely to benefit from dialysis
Subscribers to POGOe are free to reprint Elder Care on their own stationery or in other publications without obtaining specific permission, so long as:
- Content is not changed,
- No one is charged a fee to use or read the publication,
- Authors and their affiliated institutions are noted without change, and
The reprint includes the following statement: “Reprinted courtesy of the Arizona Reynolds Program of Applied Geriatrics and the Arizona Geriatrics Workforce Enhancement Program”.