South Texas Geriatric Education Center
This ongoing webinar series was created to provide professional development to the health providers participating in the Geriatric Scholars Program funded by the Office of Rural Health through the Greater LA GRECC. The participants are the MDs, DOs, NPs, and PAs partaking in this valuable program.
At the conclusion of this webinar series, the Geriatric Scholars should be able to:
- Peer to Peer Education - Improve their communication skills in knowledge transfer with their peers who work in the CBOC's
- Adult Learning - Define the basic theories of adult learning to better understand what motivates and engages adults to incorporate new information into their health behaviors
- Health Literacy - Identify literacy barriers that affect learning in older patients
- Keys to Effective Leadership - Describe how to navigate team members through effective negotiations and discussions of team member roles; Apply open and frank discussion strategies among team members that serve to build commitment and confidence; Recommend opportunities for leadership among team members
- Managing Team Dynamics - Utilize successful team-based solutions to guide the members of the team to meet patient needs; Develop a strategy to foster productive collaboration with other team members
After this particular video, Geriatric Scholars will be able to:
- Identify strategies to routinely include systems improvement in clinical practice
- Use a tally sheet and Pareto chart to identify specific areas of focus for improvement within clinical practice
- Create a well-defined process measure to collect baseline data and monitor improvement
- Utilize methods of measurement in order to determine the impact of steps of change
This product was reviewed by the Greater LA GRECC, LIttle Rock GRECC & JJ Peters GRECC.