Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine
The Step2CK Test Prep Series was created by fourth-year students at the Texas Tech School of Medicine in Lubbock as a project of the fourth-year geriatrics rotation. It was developed as part of the Reynolds Geriatrics Podcast series, which is supported by an Aging and Quality of Life grant from the D.W. Reynolds Foundation. The episodes in this series are based on questions that have geriatrics content and patient vignettes from the 2010 Step 2CK Sample Exam. For more information on the series, go to http://www.ttuhsc.edu/som/fammed/ttmedcast/gerseri....
This episode is based on Question 48 on page 40 of the 2010 Step2CK Sample Exam.
Learning Objectives: the third-year medical student studying for the Step2CK exam should be able to
- Know the first step in management of vaginal bleeding in a post-menopausal woman
- Recognize risk factors for endometrial cancer
- Know the indications and contraindications for unopposed estrogen therapy
- Know the indications for colposcopy
- Know the indications and contraindications for endometrial ablation