Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine
The Step1 Test Prep Series was created by second-year students at the Texas Tech School of Medicine in Lubbock as a project of the MS2 Aging Block of Systems Disorders II. It was developed as part of the Reynolds Geriatrics Podcast series, which is supported in part by an Aging and Quality of Life grant from the D.W. Reynolds Foundation. The episodes in this series are based on questions that have geriatrics content and patient vignettes from the 2011 Step1 Sample Exam, available from http://www.ttuhsc.edu/som/fammed/ttmedcast/gerseries/gerstep1prep.aspx.
The second-year medical student studying for the Step 1 exam should be able to:
- Define and list some of the most common emotional and behavioral symptoms of an adjustment disorder
- Define paranoid personality disorder and list some common symptoms
- List characteristic features of schizophrenia, paranoid type
- Differentiate between delirium and dementia
- List some characteristic features of senile onset of dementia, Alzheimer type