Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine
The Step1 Test Prep Series was created by second-year students at the Texas Tech School of Medicine in Lubbock as a project of the MS2 Aging Block of Systems Disorders II. It was developed as part of the Reynolds Geriatrics Podcast series, which is supported in part by an Aging and Quality of Life grant from the D.W. Reynolds Foundation. The episodes in this series are based on questions that have geriatrics content and patient vignettes from the 2009 Step1 Sample Exam, available from http://www.ttuhsc.edu/som/fammed/ttmedcast/gerseri....
The second-year medical student studying for the Step1 exam should be able to:
- Differentiate long-term from short-term memory
- Review functional anatomy of the brain
- Explain how and where short-term memory storage/processing occurs
- List effects of alcohol on the central nervous system
- State the etiology and recognize signs of Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome